Monday 8 March 2010

LUCY: Website complete!







Lucy's website has been one of the most exciting, rewarding and challenging projects I've worked on to date.

Not only has it been a great chance for me to express myself and my skills, it's also been great to create a website for someone I care a lot about and deliver something of high quality to the end user.

I've managed to create 2 flash MP3 players, video content, a banner, a gallery and an interactive side bar with links to twitter, facebook and myspace. Along side this, I've developed two databases where Lucy can update her own personal blog and a space where she can post up all her upcoming gigs. Not only can she do this, but she can also edit and delete every post and add a photograph alongside her blog entries - quite a brilliant accessory to keep herself and her fans up-to-date on her progress.

I've also included a Twitter feed onto her home page where fans can access the site and get an instant update without having to access her blog first.

This is the first website I've created which uses Flash AND PHP, MySql together. They have worked very well together and their seamless interaction benefits are going to be very beneficial to Lucy's promotion.

Overall, I'm overly happy with how this project has gone and I'd rate it the best website I've made, so far.

The next step is to create the login page and get Lucy to check over it all to make sure everything is how she wants it.

http://www.kidinacandystore.co.uk/lucyward/index.html

No comments: